– Anything you don’t want getting soaking wet or potentially lost forever.
– Glass: No glass containers of any kind are permitted
– Water shoes: Shoes are highly recomended on all of our kayak lake trips; old gym shoes, water shoes, or sandals with a heel strap are best.
– Swimwear: Most people wear a swimsuit with shorts and a t-shirt over, but dress in clothes you can get wet in and won’t make you cold.
– Sun Protection: Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses (with strap)
– Change of Clothes: While not required, nobody like to ride home wet. Especially important on cooler days.
– Drinks: Dehydration is real and no fun. We have beverages available for purchase. NO GLASS BOTTLES.
– Food: Bring lunch or snacks (also available for purchase at the shop)
– Cooler: Bring your own ice and small cooler to keep everything cold. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED AT MORGANTON POINT RECREATION AREA- NATIONAL FOREST.
– Dry Bag/Box: To keep stuff dry. Available at the shop for purchase.
– Fishing Gear: For FIshing Kayak Rentals Only.
For Lake trips, the pricing includes your boat, PFD(personal flotation device), paddle.
If your dog is extremely well trained and well behaved around all people and all other dogs, they are welcome at Morganton Point Recreation Area but are Not allowed on the Rental Kayaks, SUP Boards or other Rental Gear or on the Beach Area. They must be leashed at all times and please pick up after them.
There is a Doggie Day Care located in Blue Ridge GA who can watch your doggies for a fee. Please contact them directly.
All participants must be 5 years old or older. If your child is 5 – 12 years old, they can join you on your trip in a tandem kayak.
If your child is 13 years old or older (or over 120lbs) they are welcome to man their own craft on the Lake. (Some shorter children will have a hard time managing a SUP on their own regardless of age/weight, fyi).
Yes! The Lake we run our trips on is very calm, gentle, and great for beginners. Most people find it easy to get the hang of within a few minutes. Our crew are a great source of tips for first timers including how to keep a kayak going straight and how to use a SUP paddle, and gratuities are at your descretion for our crew members.
Walkups are welcome at our Morganton Point Beach Recreation Area location, but if you are already booked on a specific full day or half trip, you will meet at LBO. If you have any confusion as to where to go, please give us a call at 706-900-4004, so we can ensure you have the best day possible.
No, all of our Lake Rental trips are unguided to allow our guests to enjoy the Lake at their own speed. All of Our Fly Fishing Trips are Guided, though.
Yes! Discounts are only available if the discount is mentioned while making a reservation. Walkups are not eligible for discounts. Groups of 8 or more, military, should all ask!
24 Hour Rentals FAQ:
You will fill out the waiver that every one of our guests fills out as well as a 24 hour rental agreement. On this agreement, a credit card number is held so if you damage, loose a paddle or run away with our equipment and never return, we have a way to charge you for it. This number is destroyed upon the safe return of the equipment.
All pricing is for 24 hours from the time you pick it up. If you are late, you might be charged a late fee. You can return gear early while we’re open, but no after hours drop offs please. If we are picking up equiptment it must be returned same location that is was dropped off.
If LBO sees your vehicle and does not think you can safely transport our equipment, we may ask you to bring a different vehicle. We also ask that you do not use ratcheting straps, as they can break our boats.
If you are unable to load the gear yourself, please consider having it delvered to your Lake Blue Ridge Rental. We can deliver 24 hour rental equipment for additional fee.
All 24 hour rental equipment must be picked up AND dropped back off at our 26 ByPass Road location. We do offer Drop Off and Pick Up for Additional Fee. Please call for Delivery Rates.